Frequently needed pages

Saturday 28 July 2007

So this is me...


Ever since I was a child, I have loved diaries - not just writing in them, but buying them, and handling them too...nuts I know. I have a fatal attraction to stationery shops too; there is nothing that quite gets the pulse racing like a sale on pretty notebooks...unless of course it is a sale on boots!


My daughter has also got the 'stationery' gene, she has got more secret 'dye-rees' than you or I have had hot dinners! It probably doesn't help of course, that I encourage this affliction...
Anyway, the point of this rambling is that one of my main passions in life is writing; diaries, articles, books - so rambling away online seems ideal for me! The only downside is that I am not writing it down in a pretty book, but then, I can't have everything. It has taken me a while to get to this blogging lark - and I am hoping that I manage to work it all out properly so that it makes some sort of sense to you all.


So what is my 'blog' about?


Like you, I have a hectic life; I live with the love of my life, my loverly husband Phil, the kids - now 18, 14 and 10, my mum-in-law, who has just sold her home and moved in with us and our five cats. Sparkle, Lemmi, Pumpkin, Amber and the slightly unbalanced Poppy.


We live in a four bed house with just one bathroom and loo... which is going to change fairly shortly as we are about to start extending to accommodate the extended family. For the moment though, we need an appointment for a shower or a wee!


I have various 'coping' strategies for dealing with the chaos; I hope to pass on some of those to you, to help with your own lives.


So my first '10 Minute tip' is...


'Take 10 minutes just for you'


The challenge that most of us have when trying to expand our consciousness, or develop spiritually, is finding the time. Ten minutes is a small enough chunk of our day that we can easily find it - no matter what else is going on. It doesn't have to be spent meditating 'properly' - just sitting quietly with a cup (or glass!) of whatever you fancy and staring into the distance is enough. Or you could read a paper or magazine perhaps - whatever you do, take that ten minutes for you; don't allow yourself to be disturbed, don't allow the kids to intrude, just relax...


You will be surprised at how much just ten minutes can benefit you, trust me.


Next time I shall give you some ideas on the sorts of things you can do with that ten minutes that will really benefit you in a spiritual sense, but for now, it is back to the fray for me...lol...


Angel Blessings

Michelle x




No comments: