Frequently needed pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Frustrated Golfist Blues

It has been a really hot day; blue skies and soaring temperatures, an ideal day to try my hand on the golf course!

I have always liked golf; one of the few good things my father shared with me, was his time out on the golf course..

Over 18 of the 20 years that Phil and I have been together, he has robustly maintained his Opinion that golf was a good walk spoilt, however, a round with our friend Ross 2 years ago changed all that, so that now I am danger of becoming a golf widow! I got straight out there with him, but fate took a hand (or foot) and comprehensively killed a tendon in my left foot!

This has left me seriously impaired in the golfing stakes; unable to wear the proper footwear and with treatment ongoing, I had to take a break...

You simply cannot buy ladies golf shoes with a wedge heel, well, except for the TipTeeToe ones in the USA, which cost as much to ship over as the shoos themselves! So today, I tried it with an orthotic support in my.golf shoes...way too painful...and then my sandal...feet don't hurt but it puts me off balance so I have to learn my stance again...

Oh boy was I awful...

My swing ranged from mildly ghastly to laughable...the ball went just about everywhere but forwards...and of course, the more frustrated you become, the worse it gets...

It wasn't all doom and gloom, I had a few passable shots, but I have relearnt an important lesson or two, or three...

1. Don't try and play all the holes... Select the ones you like, and drive the buggy the rest of the time!

2. At least try to stay calm...

3. Celebrate the better shots, and learn from the rest, and...

Enjoy the sunshine and the company!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:In Bed Again!

No comments: